Are you fun, creative, compassionate, and love working with senior adults?
If so, keep reading…
• Assist activities director with developing and implementing activity programs which promote socialization and engagement with our residents
• Provide hands-on involvement in programs during the residents' scheduled times
• Assist in the planning, orientation and supervision of volunteers
• Must have a flexible schedule, including availability to work on weekends, evenings, and holidays, as needed.
• High School diploma or GED, prefer Associates Degree or higher
• Strong organizational skills and super productive
• You must be fun, creative, live out loud, and love working with our residents!
We appreciate and acknowledge every resident’s individuality and their lifetime of achievements and success. Our Life Engagement program is designed around this philosophy. It begins with seeing each person as the person they are on the inside – not just seeing the disease. The disease state does not define a person. At Autumn Leaves® we strive to engage residents with the social aspects of life. We have developed the life engagement program, a rich activity program that has the effect for each resident to lower anxiety, decrease frustration, and increase feelings of safety and fosters a sense of purpose. This in turn increases abilities and independence. We understand that challenging behaviors are a reflection of underlying uncomfortable emotions such as fear, anxiety, and boredom or frustration – we explore the trigger and change the environment to address these feelings.
PERSONALIZED MEMORY CARE ENGAGEMENT
By getting to know each resident on a personal level, we are able to offer personalized memory care activities for each and every resident. For instance, if a resident enjoys board games or puzzles, we make sure that there are plenty available. If we know that a particular resident routinely becomes anxious at specific time of day, we can anticipate the behavior and redirect their focus. Our life engagement program demonstrates personalization by utilizing the six elements of life engagement that capture the essence of a resident – who they are, their lifetime of achievements, successes, and accomplishments – and then provides the tools for our community team to connect with them at each interaction throughout the day.